Barbara Barry's Chalet new collection for Kravet Couture
New Developments for Kravet Fabrics:
What We Gleaned from our Studio Tour
in New York City
written by IFDA NY Chapter's Hermine Mariaux
Chalet collection with Barbara Barry
Last week, members of the New York Chapter took a private tour of the Kravet fabric studios here in New York City. It was an
exclusive event where we were able to witness textile creativity in the making at its best and most exciting. Highlights of the tour include these new developments --
1. Big surprises at Brunschwig & Fils with a collection moving into a more exotic new look in richly deep colors and an abundance of sumptuous beading and embroideries.
2. A revival of large scale “Indiennes” –prints first created by the French after imports from India and the Spice Route reached the West.
“Worn” velvets, yarn dyed and stried add unexpected patina.
3. Kelly Wearstler, the British designer and one of Kravet’s star licensees, preparing a 5th collection of neutral textiles, focused on textures of the natural world. Stunning new furniture finishes, among them a slate gray and a nude lacquer are stand-outs soon to be featured throughout Kravet’s showroom universe.
4. Aerin Lauder, Lilly Pulitzer, Jan Showers and Echo are other brands in the works by a company whose creativity seems without bounds.
5. Barbara Barry, another high performing designer at this reading introduces her latest “Chalet” collection in Kravet Couture. Rendered in the soft colors of Edelweiss, alpine streams and winter grays, her subdued palette expresses the natural beauty evocative of the mountains.
Check out these images from Barbara Barry's collection
with Kravet Couture, very beautiful indeed!