Sunday, November 4, 2018

THE MEMBERS OF IFDA NY CHAPTER PROFILED, MEET J. RANDALL


MEET THE MEMBERS OF THE
IFDA NY CHAPTER:
Introducing J. Randall
Pavarini Design, Kips Bay 2015 
What inspires you day in and day out?
I am constantly inspired by industrial and mechanical design and fascinated by technology.  As you see in fine automobiles and Swiss watches, great design takes on great style. Day in and day out, I am inspired by superior mechanical design where not only is the design based upon function but it transcends functionality and becomes style.  Companies like Ferrari, Panerai and Porsche have the concept DOWN!

What do you do?
I manage companies and projects. I am a partner and COO of Pavarini Design, a renowned interior design firm, where I manage Operations and Project Manage all construction jobs and renovations. I am a trained interior designer with close to 25 years of experience and also am part of the Design Team which designs all aspects of our interiors and product lines.  I am also part owner and Director of Operations for The Original Lawn Furniture Co. (www.OLFOutdoor.com), an outdoor furniture company that Charles Pavarini III and I started in 2016.  Further, I am involved in all business strategy development, bidding and client communication along with execution. Beyond that, I dedicate significant time and resources to charity.  In particular, I work with Charles in various fundraising endeavors for the Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club, Bailey House, and The Summer Theatre of New Canaan (STONC).

Why are you great at it?
I am dedicated and THIS side of O.C.D.  I think of EVERYTHING, ALL the time! Details matter to me, and I TOTALLY get how important design details can be for great style and also functionality.  Having lived through renovations on many occasions and seen all that can go wrong, I am extremely persistent with follow-up and painfully organized (to some) so that I can plan exactly what will happen in a day to keep projects on course.  Nothing matters to me more! I even joke about having a family and how difficult it would be for me to end a day at a specific time to be a father: I don’t know how I could go for hours without checking my email and keeping it all moving!
Pavarini Design, Kips Bay 2015 

recent projects,
Fairfield County, Ct. (above); Miami (below)
Why did you join IFDA?
The people.  I have found an incredibly generous and inclusive group of people who understand how all of us can work together within our industry, and with other similar industries, to make a big difference in business.  Within IFDA, there are members of all kinds within manufacturing, sales, design, business ownership, craftsmanship, etc. who bring a wealth of information and insight into the business of Interior Design so that WE are not alone.  It feels as though the resources and opportunities are infinite within IFDA, and I have only benefited from my relationship with IFDA and its members.

How can we learn more about your business?
I encourage you to visit our website www.pavarinidesign.com —it’s to re-launch in the next 30 days. I also encourage to follow our Facebook and Instagram feeds, which I author. (Facebook/Pavarini3) (Instagram/PavariniDesign)
Little-known fact?

I have a NEED for SPEED.  From owning and driving powerful sports cars to racing through the Italian Alps on downhill skis, I have a penchant for any activity that involves SPEED.  Interestingly enough, when in water, I’m happy swimming, kayaking or paddle-boarding. Water is the ONLY thing that slows ME down!

Please follow along on social media...
Instagram: PavariniDesign
Personal Instagram: RandallDesign
Facebook: Pavarini3
Personal Facebook: Randall Tarasuk


No comments:

Post a Comment